Being a university student I have learnt many things, unfortunately the freshman 15 was one of them. Even more unfortunately it was more like the freshman 20. I know it can be SO temping to want to get a starbucks or a tim’s and a treat everyday but sadly it’s not the healthiest option. One of my favourite things from tim hortons is their banana nut muffin, but since bikini season is right around the corner its time to opt for a healthier option. So today I bring you my go to breakfast snack.
What you will need:
½ cup uncooked oatmeal
2tsp baking powder
2 mashed bananas
4tbs nut butter (I use almond)
2 eggs 1 cup egg whites
- mash the banana until there are as few lumps as possible
- add in the rest of ingredients and mix well
- measure ¼ cup portions into large lined and greased muffin tins
- sprinkle tops with brown sugar
- bake at 350 for 15 mins or until cooked through (check with a tooth pick)
That’s it! Hope you try out this super simple recipe and love it as much as I do. I like these for breakfast since I’m never ready in time to make a proper meal but obviously they’re good any time of day. Comment below and let me know what you’re favorite breakfast or snacks foods are.
Song of the day “Mamas broken heart” Miranda Lambert