Happy New Year everyone! It’s taken me a few more days than I would have liked to get this post up but sadly that can be expected now that I’m back in school. This past year I have tried out many beauty products and have nailed these down as my Holy Grail products.
All of these products are quite natural looking when on which I love because they allow me to go from day to night with ease just by adding some extra eyeliner and shadow.
(in no particular order)
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Pomade: I am obsessed with this product. After using powder on my brows for years this was a nice switch up. I can make my brows as bold or as natural as I want, and it lasts all day and night!
- Urban Decay Sin Eye Shadow: I rediscovered this product late into 2014 after realizing it’s what I used in high school and I loved how my eye makeup looked back then. I quickly finished up what product I had left in my naked pallet and decided I needed to buy it in the single pan
- L’Oreal Infallible Amber Rush Eye Shadow: This was my go to shadow in the summer, it looks best when applied with your finer (bonus points for how easy it is) and looks like you put in so much effort with your look. I cant even tell you how many compliments I got every time I wore this and cant wait to use it again come summer. (I prefer it in the summer because I like the tone of the shadow better when my skin is a little tan)
- Clinique Matte Setting Powder: I’ve used this product for years because its what my mom recommended to me when I first started wearing makeup. It’s natural and sets your makeup in place and doesn’t alter your foundation shade.
5. Beauty Blender: This seems to be every blogger and Youtubers go to makeup applicator and with good reason. The sponge doesn’t eat up product like a brush does and applies the product in a thin natural layer than you can build up little by little.
- Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation: It has taken me years to find an amazing foundation and leave it to urban decay to be the producers of it. I’m not quite sure how this foundation works other than perhaps magic. It’s a thin foundation that gives medium to full coverage without feeling heavy and looks natural and glowy. I have a serious obsession with this stuff and I urge you all to give it a try.
- NYX Butter Gloss: I have this lip gloss in about 5 colors now because I love it that much. It’s affordable and pigmented, not sticky, and is perfect for layering over lipsticks. I’ll be sharing my new favorite lipstick combo including one of these beauties sometime soon.
- Maybelline The Falsies Mascara: After using high and low and mascaras, and a ton of trial and error I have finally found one that I love! This mascara lengthens and thickens and I can build it up to give me a falsies look… hence the name. I find that this mascara works best after having used it for a week or two when it thickens up. But all in all I’ve gone through a ton of these this year and will continue using it in 2015.
9. Hourglass Femme Nude Lipstick No. 3: While on the pricier end these lipsticks are so worth the splurge. I love how creamy they are and how smoothly it applies. The packaging is so luxurious and I love how it’s not a typical lipstick shape. All 5 shades in the collection are great and I definitely want to get another one this year.
- Benefit Hoola Bronzer & Rockature Blush: I discovered this combo a little late into 2014 but it became a staple in my day to day makeup. Hoola is so natural without making me look muddy which I was scared of being that I’m so pale right now. Rockature blush gives a perfect glow and without coming out too shiny. A lot of people describe it as a rose gold and they’re right; and it’s beautiful!
I hope you all enjoyed this post, comment below if any of the products are also some of your holy grail favourites!