if you know me you know I have a serious sweet tooth and an obsession with caramel corn. Its my ultimate weakness and I have to try out new brands every time I see them… it’s a serious problem considering I’m trying to eat healthy.
I always love trying new recipes and experimenting in the kitchen so when I found a recipe for delicious caramel corn that only takes 5 mins and about 5 ingredients I was in. I’m happy to report that this is the easiest thing to make and everyone who tried it was totally in love!
Here’s what you’ll need:
1 tbs light corn syrup
1 cup brown sugar
1 bag popped popcorn
½ cup butter
20 large marshmallows
How to make it:
- pop popcorn and place in bowl (make sure there are no kernels)
- Melt butter over medium heat
- Add sugar and corn syrup, mix until well combined
- Incorporate marshmallows mixing continuously over a low heat
- Add mixture to popcorn and mix well
- Spread on lined baking sheet, use spatula with non stick cooking spray to flatten
- Let cool, cut into squares or tear apart into pieces and enjoy!
p.s this would make for a perfect valentines day treat if you add in some heart sprinkles at step 5!
Let me know if you guys have made this before, and if you try it out for the first time let me know what you think of it! Also comment below if there are any other recipes you guys would like me to test out or make. Be sure to check back within the next few weeks to see more easy fun valentines day posts… I’ve got some fun things planned!