If you couldn’t tell by all my gift guide posts I’m a tad obsessed with the holiday season. It really doesn’t get better than festive activities with friends and family and just hanging out and having a good time. My friend Miranda is hosting our second annual girls ugly Christmas sweater party and I’m pretty sure my friends and I have been talking about it since the day after her party last year… everyone brings some appies, a gift, wears the most outrageous sweater they can find and we binge on cheese and wine and have way to much fun. This year I’m bringing a savory appie as well as a few easy desserts…. I’m not crazy I just really like food, okay.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls
1 ½ cups peanut butter
½ cup melted butter
2 ½ cups icing sugar
as many M&M’s as desired
1 package dark chocolate
- Add peanut butter, melted butter, icing sugar, and M&Ms into a bowl and combine until mixed together and a dough forms
- Roll into tablespoon sized balls, place on a baking sheet, and let cool in the fridge for 20 mins
- Melt dark chocolate in a double boiler
- Dip cooled peanut butter balls into melted chocolare and place back on baking sheet to set
- Store in the fridge until you’re ready to bring to a party!
Dark + White Chocolate Peppermint Bark
1 package dark chocolate chips
1 package while chocolate chips
Chopped candy cane bits
- Melt white chocolate chips and dark chocolate chips in separate double boilers
- Pour dark chocolate in an even layer onto a lined baking sheet and let cool in the fridge until set
- Pour white chocolate in an even layer on top of the dark chocolate and sprinkle peppermint bits on top
- Let the second layer of chocolate cool in the fridge for at least 30 mins or until completely set
- Break the bark into manageable size pieces and store in the fridge until the party!
I hope you guys like these insanely easy and delicious recipes that are a perfect addition to any holiday party! Let me know what your go to potluck item is and if you’ll be attending any holiday parties this year!