Hello lovelies and welcome to my new series. Unlike my Friday Five this is going to be dedicated to something that I love or something that I want to talk about and have the entire post be dedicated about that. When something is really good you’ll typically hear me say something along the lines of “Not to be dramatic, but that changed my life”. So you get it it. This is where I’m going to be talking about and sharing some game changing shit.
Here’s the situation, I’m not sure why it took me so long but I finally tried Glossier in 2017 and it’s basically changed my life. Glossier was started by Emily Weiss in 2014 and is a brand that was built off the blog Into The Gloss. Beauty editors came together to create the perfect no fuss beauty products. One of everything, no bullshit, and with a heavy focus on skincare. This brand is fun, innovative and thoughtful and has built up a heavy cult following and social media presence for good reason. This post is my love letter to the G Team. Bless all your beautiful souls and keep doing what you’re doing.
This may sound random, but thoughtfulness is one of the biggest things I look for when supporting a brand. If you did case studies, picked packaging for a certain reason, choose one ingredient over the other, I want to know that! Call me a nosey consumer but hey, i’m into it. Glossier is open about their studies and are all about sharing why they created these products and I LOVE IT.
Glossier is all about glowy, dewy, natural looking makeup and It’s something I love and admire about the brand. As someone who doesn’t wear much makeup and when I do I want it to be quick, pretty and effortless, and Glossier has me covered. Their entire ethos is to look like you but better, and makeup that doesn’t cover up but enhances what you’re working with. Below i’m going to share my favourite procuts (p.s it’s essentially their entire range) and why I love them.
Haloscope in Quartz
- I’m so obsessed with this product it’s honestly a tad embarrassing. I thought I had lost it on my recent trip to London and upon getting home I instantly ordered a new one. This product gives the perfect amount of shimmer, but really just makes you look dewy, healthy and glowy. While I was waiting for my new haloscope to arrive I went back to using powder highlight and I honestly really hated how it looked lol. I’ve used a few different cream highlighters, and while I love them (clinique chubby stick highlight was my go to before this) the balm that’s inside this product really makes the difference here in looking naturally radiant. I use the shade quartz, but would really be into trying Topaz for the summer months when I have a bit more of a tan.
- I’ve always been a fan of cream or liquid blushes, in fact a MAC cream blush was one of the first makeup products I ever used. The thing I always hated about creams was the texture. They were hard to blend out, thick, and sticky on the skin. Cloud paint is the complete opposite of what you think a cream or liquid blush is. Cloud Paint is a highly pigmented gel blush that applies like a dream whether you’re using your fingers or my preferred method which is a beauty blender. It gives you the prettiest flush, and really brings the life back into your skin. I also use this as a lip tint and love the natural finish it gives my lips. I use the shades Puff and Dusk and I’m sure it won’t be long until I have the rest.
- This is probably the one product that everyone owns or at least knows about from Glossier. According to the Glossier description, It’s a creamy wax formula that was inspired by traditional hair pomade for soft, flexible hold that doesn’t stiffen or flake. This pretty much sums it up. Bow Brow lightly fills in brows, shapes them, and keeps them in place all day long. I use this alone for a really natural look, or use it after I’ve filled in my brows to add a bit of drama while still keeping the natural vibe.
- Solution is the one and only product I use from their skincare range. I’ve been using this for a few weeks and it’s seriously been a game changer. It has totally cleared up all of the little tiny white heads I would get on my forehead and is majorly helping with the acne on my chin which is now 90% gone. Even my mom noticed a difference which is when you know something is killer. Remember earlier how I was talking about thoughtfulness behind a brand and product? This is what sold me on Solution. I loved how on social media they explained every detail that went into the creation of solution. The bottle design, the despencer, before and after pictures from their clinical trial, the results of said trial, and comparing their ingredients to other similar products. They had me hooked and I ordered it the day it launched in canada. I also ordered the cotton rounds because who doesn’t want to feel bougie as fuck while putting on their chemical exfoliant?
Glossier You Eu De Parfum
- They say that the first ingredient in this perfume is you, and as random as it sounds it’s true. This is the fragrance version of their makeup, you but better. Everytime I wear it my boyfriends notices, and when I ask him what it smells like he can’t quite put his finger on it, but says “i’m not sure, but like you”. And no this is not a joke or made up for this post. It’s fresh and clean and with a hint of fragrance in it. If you read the reviews online they’re all the same. It’s something along the lines of, “I don’t know what this is but I love it!”. If you’ve been thinking about getting it, I definitely recommend giving it a go.
Balm Dot Com
- I have the mint balm dot com and want so many more! The next on my list are birthday cake and coconut. I use this everywhere. It’s been snowing here in Vancouver and my hands and cuticles have never been so dry. I use it on my lips as well as my cuticles and I love the freshness of the mint flavour and how hydrating it is! I also love that it’s matte… is that weird? But it doesn’t really add shine which I love because I want shine I use their lip gloss.
- This one’s kind of a no brainer. If you love super glossy, wet looking lip this is for you. It’s thick and lush but not sticky which I love. I love the wet lip look for a night out without it being super thick or sticky. I also really love wand in that it’s flat on both ends and picks up a lot of product. Small detail but again, love the details.
Milky Jelly Cleanser – I don’t own their milky jelly cleanser, but when I make order this is always my go to sample. I love how fresh and soft my skin feels after, and i’m waiting to finish up my bottle of burt’s bees (another fave of mine) before testing this out full time.
Green mask – I love a good mask. Typically I’ll go for something from lush but I really want to give this one a go.
Super glow serum – I bought a mini size of the Ole Henriksen Truth Serum ( a popular Vitamin C serum) and love what it did for my skin but i’m not down with the price tag at $60 for 1oz.. I really want to try this out so I can compare them and hopefully it will become my new holy grail and my bank account can thank me.
Wowder – I’ve never really been a fan of powder because I hate how cakey it makes me look. I really want to try this out come the warmer months to use to touch up the shine through the day and look as fresh as possible.
You Perfume Solid – I already have and love You. It just smells like a better version of myself and I want to pick up the solid version for travels and to just take in my bag for a re fresh while on the go.
Gossier Hoodie Merch – Don’t ask me why I want this, but I do. It’s cute, minimalist, and reps glossier. It’s a tad pricey but this is my wish list so I’m including it!
Glossier pretty much took my favourite products, got rid of what I hated/ maybe didn’t like and made them better and I feel #Blessed. If there’s something you think I’ve missed or that is a must have to try please let me know so I can add it to my cart for next time! But as you can see, I pretty much own half the range and the other half is on my wish list lol. But either way please let me know what you think / your thoughts on Glossier.